Open Source Hardware
The Pi 3D Scanner is based on opensource hardware. All the building plans to make the scanner is freely available and can you used and modified by anyone. You are free to source your hardware components from where ever you like. We can of course help you source components as well.
The hardware (components) cost of the scanner with 100 camera units / 19 Poles, frame construction, light setup and networking is around 15,000 euro. (this is EXCLUDING the build cost, just the components)
We also have some partners around the globe that can build a scanner for your. These scanners are typically build from high quality metal parts. If you want we can also refer you to one of these partners.
You have 2 choices with the software. You can use the basic script published on this website and build your own software around it or you can buy the software we have developed.
Our 3D scan management software support the following:
- Easy-to-use windows management software
- Free for up to 35 cameras
- Central control of camera and projection settings
- Easy Unit ID and Unit mode setting
- Central firmware update
- Support for wireless remote (logitech presention clicker)
- Multi-threaded download (high speed downloading) management and scan registration
- Security settings, so that an operator can not change configuration
The 3D scan management software is available for €750 ex VAT per scanner per year (subscription based), including online support and updates.